Monday, January 22, 2007

Unflinching Obedience

From my reading yesterday:

"The Lord had not tempted Abraham with evil but rather provided a proving ground for his unflinching obedience. Now Abraham could indeed be the father of a great nation and be greatly blessed of the Lord. Like the patriarch, all who hear God's call to duty must tread the path of absolute obedience before we discover the many blessings along the way. "Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD, that walketh in His ways...happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee" (Psalm 128:1-2).

Early in the Morning Devotion
Woodrow Kroll

At this point Abraham had "unflinching obedience", but he sure did struggle with it before this. I think when we fail that we cannot beat ourselves up too bad, but to repent and press on...move up to higher ground! I want to be like that, I want unflinching obedience at the same time I think you have to go through a whole lot to get to that point.

No comments: