Thursday, December 28, 2006

Outline and Chronicle the Many Providences of God

This time of year we all tend to look at the past 12 months and reflect on what has happened in our lives, and then we look forward to new ideas and plans. With a new year comes a sense of hope and renewal.

The following is a part of Doug Phillip's blog for today.
Go HERE to read the whole thing, it is very good.

***

Every family will have a different set of priorities directing what they should record. In addition to recording the key events and Providences of the year chronologically, I try to take the time with my family to record some of the following information on separate bullet lists:

Where did I/we travel?
What were the titles and key texts of sermons I preached?
What books/articles did I write?
What significant household projects did we accomplish in 2006?
What were the most important meetings of the year?
What special friendships were made this year?
Which children lost teeth, and how many?
Who grew in physical stature, and how much did they grow?
Who learned to read this year?
What diet and physical exercise regimen did I maintain to honor “my temple”?
What books did I read? Did we read as a family? Did my children read?
What Scriptures did my family memorize?
What loved ones died this year?
What were the great personal/ministry/national tragedies and losses of the year?
What were the great personal/ministry/national blessings of the year?
What were my most significant failures/sins for the year 2006?
What unresolved conflicts/issues am I bringing into 2007?
What significant spiritual and practical victories did I experience?
In what tangible ways did I communicate gratitude to those who have blessed me and invested in my life?
What are the top ten themes of 2006 for my family?

No comments: