Wednesday, October 4, 2006


Blessed Are The Peace Makers

Still on the topic of the shootings, I know the core issue is sin, we are all capable of doing it all, if it were not for God's grace and mercy. I don't believe we are born as a clean slate and a product of our environment. We are all born sinners, in need of a Savor, in need of a life of obedience and forgiveness.

Obviously people that do these horrendous acts have not received only what comes from God.

Several years ago Jeff and I did a book called The Young Peace Maker with our Keepers of the Faith group. Other than our study on Proverbs 31, this was my FAVORITE study. It is designed to teach children how to stay off the 'Slippery Slope', and resolve conflict. If you think about it, our whole life is about solving conflict. Is there ever a day when a conflict does not arise in your home (or even more so within yourself..ha!)? As Paul says, 'I do what I don't want to do, and I don't do what I want to.'

I have extended family members that REFUSE to deal with conflict in a Biblical way, even though they say they are Christians, and even attend church. They'd rather harbor bitterness, which only grows like wildfire over time, than to deal with issues and get down to the truth, walk in love and forgiveness. They would rather be bitter than give or receive grace.

We have had some rumbles in our home lately due to not responding to conflict correctly, so Jeff and I thought this was a perfect time to bring out that book and do it again with the girls. May we ALL learn to be peace makers, love covers a multitude of sins.

Luke 12
And to whomsoever much is given, of him shall much be required: and to whom they commit much, of him will they ask the more.

No comments: