Sunday, September 24, 2006

Our County Fair

This week was our county fair, and as usual we enter lots of projects. We plan all year long for this. The week before the fair our home turns into "Fair Central"! We are usually putting finishing touches on projects, baking, running to the store for that last minute item, it's a crazy time for us. We LOVE it, but are always ready for it to be over...kind of like Christmas. :o) This year was not as much fun due to my surgery the week before, so my heart really was not in it. We went long enough to look at the exhibits and see if we won any prizes. The girls didn't even ride any rides.

Today we went and picked up our items, ribbons and money.

Emma did better this year than she has ever done. Here she is with a pillow she hand quilted and won first place with! Just below it and to the right is her first patchwork quilt.














Here she is with her Blue ribbon
for her acrylic painting.
She won a 6 Blue ribbons, 4 Red ribbons,
and 3Yellow ribbons and a total of $87!!!



She also did a 4-H booth about Entrepreneurship.
She didn't win anything for that, but she sure did put alot of work in it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Here is Olivia with her Christmas quilted wall hanging.
She got second place, a Red ribbon ($5).









She won third place,
a Yellow ribbon on her Oil painting.
This is the first time she has done one of these.







Olivia also entered a 4-H display, won second place and $50.
Her display was about the bountiful agricultural production of Alabama.

She won a total of 7 Blue ribbons, 5 Red ribbons, and 3 Yellow ribbons and $87 on her other entries, plus the $50, for a total of $137!!! She was so excited! She did well with her herbs, canning, baked goods, flower arranging and crafts.

I won 3 Blue ribbons, 5 Red ribbons and 6 Yellow ribbons and $67. I was happy with that.

1 comment:

BGK said...

I wish I had made the Blount Co fair, I hope you are all ok after last week's storm.

Your girls look wonderful!! I didn't know you'd had surgery, I'll be thinking of and praying for you.

I'm six weeks away from being a mom of five. Pray for me if you think about it.

Love,
Anne B.