Wednesday, August 30, 2006


Life is All About Dying

I read this comment on Amy’s Humble Musings yesterday, after attending the birth of a friend’s baby:

“By giving herself to raise another daughter, Kristen will lose more of her life to serve Jesus. My prayer is that she will find her life as she gives it away. It is the way things ought to be. It is the way He designed it. It is the way of the Master.”

Just as this mother, we all have to die to ourselves to live for others, to live for Christ, and that is TRUE life, the only life that brings fulfillment and contentment. Which is the complete opposite of what the world is screaming at us everyday. The world tells us to look out for #1, well, I guess our own flesh screams that at us too.

As I think about marriage and parenting, actually life as a whole, it is all about dying to yourself and living for others. I am not here for Jeff to cater to (though he does so quite often…and I like it!  ha!, but God brought us together to be one, not two people living together, trying to be all they can be…separately. And God did not give me children to make me feel loved, happy, secure, fulfilled (which I do experience those things and I like it! ), but rather He gave me children to raise for Him, so that they too can learn to die to themselves and live for Christ, to live for others…then they too can have life abundantly!

No comments: