Sunday, January 3, 2010

Confession:

Today's sermon was encouraging and convicting!


Eph. 5:22
Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.



Confession of my sin:

Sometimes I become sullen, angry, bitter when things don't go as I think they should. I don't always show it outwardly, but I sure am drowning in it on the inside. This is pride and God hates it. I am especially guilty of this with my husband. I do try to submit outwardly, but on the inside I am murmuring the whole time. ugh! Sin, yes, I know!

The thing about sin is that you cannot keep it to yourself. Because it is in your heart, it will eventually escape through your mouth. :o( How do I know this? Experience!

In my recent bout of living with a husband who is human and my heart that is prideful I knew I had to get a grip, take my thoughts captive! Rather than dwell on his weaknesses (as if I have none of my own) I needed to beg God to help me see what it is that He wanted me to learn. I really wanted to stomp my feet and whine... "But God...", but I know that gets us no where.

The women sets the tone of the house, she chooses the aroma of the day. If Satan can keep the wife angry, uptight or distracted from her duties, then the whole family will become angry, uptight and anxious to get out as soon as they can!

One thing I am constantly telling my kids, "It doesn't matter what your circumstances are, YOU are to do the right thing. YOU are to choose to walk in the path of righteousness! YOUR attitude is everything!" So of course, God wants me to walk this truth, not just talk it.

It does not matter what my husband is doing or not doing (apart from sin). What God wants from ME it to respect him, honor him, regardless. Respect and honor are attitudes. So, first I repent to the Lord and find the many, many things to be thankful for concerning my husband.

See, the REAL problem was the focus on ME! That is where the pride takes root and grows.

My husband is wonderful, imperfect, but wonderful! He rarely reads this blog so I'm not just saying that, he really is wonderful.

The sermon this morning was about our responsibilities in the family, husbands, wives and children. God's timing is so perfect!

After the worship service, the man sitting behind us told Jeff, "Jeff, it was nice it sit behind you this morning rather than sit in front of you. I couldn't help but to notice how tender you are with your wife." Oh, how this melted my heart and convicted me. Yes, he is so VERY tender. His arm is always around me while we stand and sing, always with a gentle touch. Because I receive this week after week, I guess I take it for granted.

When I awoke this morning he had my cup of coffee already poured as I drug myself to the kitchen. He has a true servant heart. Many women would love to have a man that is faithful to come home every night, or a husband who would take them to church.

And I dare complain...at all.


1 comment:

Leslie said...

My dear e-friend,

What a beautiful testimony....it brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for encouraging us all.

Leslie from VA