Saturday, March 1, 2008

What's a Moms Biggest Job?

"Teaching my children to obey is not to make me look good in the grocery store and family reunions.

Teaching my children to obey will directly affect their relationship with God, and ultimately affects an entire society." Kelly Crawford

I cannot tell you how many times I get caught up in the actual offense and not address the heart issue. I don't want my kids to obey me "because I said so", I want them to love God enough to obey HIM, which means for a child to obey Mom. Being the mother of a prodigal is the most gut wrenching experience I have ever had. I sit back and pray for the day that this child, who is now a young adult, will LOVE GOD enough to obey HIM.

Kelly has a great post on her blog about what our biggest job as Moms is.

May we all call on God and ask for wisdom in our parenting and may He gracefully pour out His wisdom on our children.

No comments: