Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lordship and Babies!

I have been moderating a reversal group for about 6 years now. Not all reversals are successful, and some are very successful! Some couples have had 3 reversal babies in 4-5 years! Praise the Lord!

Those that do not become pregnant can sometimes become angry with God. And those that get pregnant easily (and often) struggle with trusting too!

This is what I posted to the group tonight. The point being, it is all part of the plan! God knows what He is doing.
~~~

There are some on this group that have already had their reversal and have had no babies. There are some that seem to be pregnant at least every 18 moths! ;o) BOTH situations bring us to NEW LEVELS of trusting God!

I sit here, 6 years post reversal with no more children. The first 2-3 years were real tough, but through it, God grew my faith and trust in Him. I learned to trust Him no matter what the circumstances and no matter how much it hurt. I learned to get my eyes off the creation, and look to the Creator, and to Him alone!

THEN, He let me experience the rebellion of a teen aged son that just broke our hearts. This was a new kind of pain, a new kind of not understanding. A new desperation! To be honest, this pain was worse than not being able to have more children.

Again, God is teaching me to get my eyes off the Creation, and on to the Creator, and Him alone!

Our faith, our trust in God, can NOT depend on the circumstances.

For those of you that God has so richly blessed with more children (and more work, less sleep, etc..) I can understand where that can be a struggle too. We want to know that it is all going to be OK in the end. Guess what? IT WILL! God knows what He is doing! Actually, He tells us not to borrow trouble from tomorrow. Live for today and what He has for you today! Tomorrow will take care of itself.

And every time we overcome a new trail (by God's grace), our faith will grow. We will trust Him more, and then...He'll give us a new challenge. It's called our sanctification!

Although my reversal did not turn out as I had hoped, I do not regret it for one minute!

Ladies, trust Him. Take one day at a time, and sometimes it is just one hour at a time. The Lord wants all of you and all of me.

God's will be done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear your heart regarding rebellious children. We are seeing new light come from our son who has spent a few years dealing with many rebellious attitudes and actions.

The walk through these years have been pain filled, desperation causing and ultimately drew us closer to God. We need Him and in turning our son over to Him anew was exactly where we needed to be. It is still not picture perfect, but light is there, always was and always will be, even when we have difficulty seeing.