Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Another Pink Baby Blanket

Since I caught the quilting bug a couple years ago I don't have much time to crochet any more. Well, that and maintaining blogs and websites! :o) When I was pregnant with my first baby, Nicole, who now lives with our Lord, and even when I was pregnant with Joshua I crocheted ALL OF THE TIME! I loved it and still do! Jeff's mom taught me to crochet while we dated. Next to her son, the gift of crochet is the best thing she has ever given me! Not only is it something I truly enjoy, but I have had the thrill of teaching so many others this same skill. In addition to that, I have made MANY items that I have sold and even more I have been able to give as gifts.
Here is a baby blanket I finished this week.
It took me about 3 weeks on and off to finish.

This one is for sale for $30.
It measures 37"x39".
If you are intersted you can just email me at
Kathy@TeachingGoodThings.com

I also have a blue one ready that is very similar to this one.

Olivia has recently started some hand embroidery and is really enjoying it. I think I'll give that a try next. We do most of our handiwork while we listen to school tapes/CDs or watch TV. It is rewarding to use your idle time to be productive and enjoy it!

1 comment:

Dana said...

The blanket is gorgeous! My youngest sister is having a baby in May. I've always made my new nieces and nephews an afghan so I guess it's time to break out the crochet hooks and the baby yarn. Maybe we'll start a new tradition and this baby will get a quilt instead.

Blessings--
Dana