Monday, July 2, 2007


Psalm 34:8
O taste and see that the LORD is good:
blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Last year when our berries were just forming we had an awful hail storm, it wiped out almost all the blueberries and the storm did destroy all of strawberries. This year we are in a drought, which has slowed alot of the vegetable growth in our garden. But Saturday we were able to get almost a gallon of blueberries off our bushes (2 of them). They were SO GOOD! I made a cobbler, and Jeff wants me to make some waffles. We pretty much nibbled the rest of them away.

We are finally getting a few veggies in. A drought really makes you realize how much of God's goodness we take for granted. I feel for the farmers in our area.

6 comments:

Katherine Vest said...

mmmmm.... those fruits and veggies look delicious! I wish I had a vegetable garden. (but with this drought, I'm doing well keeping up my potted flowers!)
Love your blog, Mrs. Brodock~

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

Thanks Katie!

Dana said...

We're so jealous! Blueberries here are found only at the grocery store and are $3.00+ per PINT! Next year we hope to put in a few blackberry bushes--so the birds can enjoy them...HA! Your veggies look fabulous too. Wouldn't you agree that no vegetable will ever taste as good as one you grow yourself? Blessings to you and your family...

Dana

Carmen at Old House Homestead said...

I'm coming out of hiding! I read your blog almost daily and I don't think I've ever commented. I enjoy your comments over at Hearts for Family as well. Just wanted to say thanks for reminding me to pick blueberries! It's just one of those summer-time activities that escapes me unless someone reminds me...that and picking strawberries! (Which we missed because we didn't have time last month.) Anyway...love your blog...liked your last post on your daughters helping their dad...thanks!

Carmen

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

Yes, I have to agree with you Dana, there is nothing like HOME grown veggies! We don't use any chemicals. :o)

Thanks for 'speaking up' Carmen. It is hard to find time to fit it all in, I guess that is why we have to be so selective about what activities we do. I enjoy a more simple life. :o) Not to mention berry season (all of them) happens so quickly!

Olivia said...

The best thing about blueberry bushes is NO briar's!!