Saturday, July 14, 2007

My Favorite Scene

OK, so I drive my family a little nuts always taking pictures...of EVERYTHING! But one day they will be glad they have thousands and thousands of pictures to look back on. The other night I snook up behind Jeff and took this picture. This is my absolute favorite scene to see in my home, my husband feasting on God's word. You can give me a one room shack and it would be OK as long as I have a husband that loves the Lord!

Yesterday, Olivia and I were out for our walk and we walked past a house of a friend of ours that recently died. Olivia commented on how sad it was that he was always working on that house, making it so nice, and now it just sits there empty and neglected. I reminded her what is even more sad is that he spent all of his time working on that house, but he did not build his spiritual house. This earthly house will one day be ashes, it is our spiritual house that is everlasting.

And how guilty I am of doing the same thing, getting distracted doing THINGS, and not spending enough time at the feet of the Lord.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth,

where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven,

where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;

for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Mathew 6:19-21


No comments: