Friday, June 15, 2007

Living with 3 Fiber Artist

Being creative is a double edged sword. Jeff and I have always strived for our children to have a wide range of skills, we try to expose to them to things that will make them think and be productive. All of this is good, but it can become chaotic if a few of us are being 'productive' at the same time, in the same room, in a small house. :o)

JUST TODAY:

Olivia thought she'd try her hand at making tea with some mint leaves from her herb garden. It tasted OK, she'll have to tweak it a bit, but at least she is learning.

NOW I'M GOING TO BE REAL TRANSPARENT WITH ALL OF YOU! NONE OF THIS IS 'STAGED', THIS IS REALLY HOW WE ARE LIVING THIS WEEK.

This is our coffee table today; a quilt Olivia is working on,
a scarf I am crocheting on (while we sit and read together or listen to lectures on CD),
and you'll see a science book buried under that. :o)
We have everything happening in the living room. The ironing board has some tea bags that Olivia just sewed up and also a quilt that I am piecing together.

Here is one chair with a stack of fabric I am working from,
a bag of nice quilting scraps my Mom got from a rummage sale,
and a skirt that Olivia just finished making (she's made 2 since yesterday).

Here is Emma working on her quilt (and watching the Beverly Hillbillies...lol), a cutting table set up, an ironing board, and scraps and threads everywhere! btw...we do sweep and pick up a couple of times a day, but then we get back to work. :o) Actually, my girls are having a fit that I am showing these pictures. What is that verse 'where there is no oxen the stall is clean'?

Emma is really getting the hang of that perfect 1/4" seam.

Here she is with her Gordian Knot top. It still needs to be quilted.

We have also kept up the laundry, meals, piano practice and a few school lessons. When Jeff walked in (and over) today, I said, "Honey, this is the price of having 3 Fiber Artist in your home." Which he is fine with it, he knows we are being busy and that we do not live like this all the time. :o)

2 comments:

Proverbs3122 said...

Thanks, Kathy, for showing me that
WE'RE not the only ones!! My bedroom is where we sew and I also had my office in there (until this week when I moved it downstairs for the summer; too HOT to work upstairs without putting the thermostat WAY DOWN). When we would need to sew, I'd move the piles onto my desk. When I'd need to work, I'd move the piles onto the sewing table!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, we have the same iron....I love those things you all are working on! Great work.