Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Hand that Rocks the Cradle

This week I am reading Mom's Who Changed the World to my daughters. As they become older I find that I need to keep encouraging them even more to stay focused and remember why God created them. They are women, not men. They will be helpmeets one day (we pray). They both have very strong, independent personalties, which can be good if it is channeled in the right direction. After all, it will take courage and independence to stand against the culture and seek to live a holy life. It will take determination to submit to their husband, birth children and be a keeper at home (Titus 2:5), while the world (even Christians) tell them they are wasting their lives away serving their husband and children.

Today we are learning about Susanna Wesley. I just love this quote from her son, John Wesley:

I learned more about Christianity from my mother
than from all the theologians of England.

What a high calling and responsibility we have as mothers. The hand that rocks the cradle, rules the nation.

No comments: