Monday, January 15, 2007

Quilted Doily Wall Hanging


This was my project this weekend. One thing I really want to change about decorating our home is that I want less 'bought art'. I want items that truly reflect us. Items from our family's history or items we've actually made. This wall hanging is hung by our front door. I chose to do 6 hearts representing our 6 children, 2 of which are worshiping our Lord face to face now. You can't see the quilting, but I did do some hand quilting to shadow the hearts.
The rest of it is machine pieced.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think tha is pretty. I have been wanting to learn to quilt for some time now. I love the doilies. You got me thinking now!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilt. I also have two children who are with Jesus. Why do I never think to put them with my living children? This is a real thought-provoker for me.