Saturday, January 27, 2007

Always Sign Your Work

Just as an artist signs their work, quilters, card makers or any creative piece should be signed by the maker. Especially items that will be saved for many, many years. Here is a baby quilt I just finished. Not that I think it is a masterpiece or that I am a great fiber artist or anything like that! This label is made from some fabric that is treated with Bubble Jet, and I hand appliqued Holly Hobby on to it, leaving room for a message to be written in later.


The center is a whole cloth, then I pieced on the boarders and added the binding, but I hand quilted all of it. We had a visitor at our guild last week and she showed us how to hand quilt without a hoop or rack and this was my first attempt. I LOVED IT! I like having something that I can do with my hands while I watch a movie or have family time.

Proverbs 31 says the Virtuous Woman works eagerly with her hands, KJV, but the NASB says she works with her hands with delight. This baby quilt was a pure delight to work on!

No comments: