Monday, October 2, 2006

My Birthday Weekend

I had a very nice birthday weekend, which I do try to stretch out to birthday week, but after 41 years my family is a bit weary of such long events, so it was just a weekend this year. bummer

Joshua was able to come home for the weekend. He had some side work to do Saturday, so he did not get to go to Little River Canyon with us. Jeff, Olivia, Emma and I started our day at Trade Day in Collinsville, this is a big outdoor flea market.
This was a special treat, a funnel cake...oooo I love them! So Jeff bought me one at Trade Day. There was absolutely NOTHING nutritious in this, but hey...birthday weekend only comes once a year! It's about an hour drive and the weather was just cool enough to make a beautiful day!

Then we drove to the Canyon.
GOSH! I can't believe I have lived here for over 20 years and have never gone there. We will have to go back in a few weeks when the leaves are at their peek.

Olivia and Emma...on top of the world!


We ended the lovely day with a bonfire, chili and smores at our house with my mom and the Richards Family and Joshua's friend, Josh. (Dad and Joshua pictured)


Laura, Joshua, Emma, Olivia, Katie, Josh, Andy...and Scrappy the dog.

Josh and Joshua...testosterone??? lol...
I'd rather them WRESTLE that energy out than chase girls!
This is one event that your weight can be an advantage!

Jeff saying...'Now why do we have to take so many pictures...of EVERYTHING?'
Good thing he loves me!

No comments: