Saturday, August 26, 2006

Three Glasses of Juice

I love Saturday mornings!
And this Saturday morning is even better because Joshua is home after being out of town for the past 3 weeks. So this morning as I poured 3 glasses of juice for my kiddos, I had to smile and whisper a small ' thank you' to the Lord. Jeff was eating breakfast with a client this morning, and I 'nibble' as I cook. Now that Josh is gone most of the time, meal times are getting simpler and quieter. The girls enjoy cooking, so my chances to 'minister through food' seem few and far between. It's kind of sad. I miss having to squeeze all of us around the table, there use to be 6 of us.
This morning I made 4 batches of whole wheat pancakes, made with orange juice, flax seed and honey...yuuummm! I like to make a BUNCH at one time, cool them on some freezer wrap and then put them in freezer bags and freeze them for breakfast during the week. All you have to do is pop them in the toaster! They also make a great snack that is good for you.

1 comment:

Spunky said...

Sounds yummy. It was lemon poppy seed muffins and yogurt around here today. My boys are in Colorado for a few weeks so I know what you mean about cooking less.