Thursday, August 24, 2006

Just Insane

Just Insane!

As I was getting ready this morning to teach a cake decorating class to some home school moms and daughters, I was running through the mental list of things I needed to get done in the next couple of days. Busy does not even begin to explain my life, not that I am complaining, I enjoy living with purpose, but sometimes I’m not sure if I’m coming or going. There is just so much that *needs* to be done and so much I want to do, and they are all important…good things! I guess I am a bit of a Martha at times, which is not good.

Then I was remembering the many comments I’ve heard over my 20 years of marriage about women that stay at home, how they are not living up to their full potential, wasting their lives away, not adding to the income of the house…yada…yada…yada…

Well, I am here to say, there is no grass growing under my feet. I refuse to ‘waste my life away!’ I am busy taking care of the things at home my husband needs done, as the Lord tells me to (Gen. 1, I Corth. 11). I am busy teaching and loving my children, as the Lord tells me to (Deut 6, 3 John 1:4). I’m busy cleaning and organizing my home so that I can be ready for hospitality, as the Lord tell me to (Titus 2, Romans 12). I am busy looking for opportunities to help others in need, as the Lord tells me to (Love your neighbor as yourself).

I dare to say that the real wasting of a life away is pouring our best hours of our day, our best years of our life into a job that will not amount to anything when we stand before the Lord. I dare to say that the real insanity is to ignore what the Lord tells us to do with our life.

Now don’t take me wrong, this is not bragging on my part, because I NEVER accomplish all that I should and I often become distracted with unimportant things. I often fail at being a good wife and mother, but each day God gives me grace and wisdom to Press On (as Stonewall Jackson would say).

A good wife, a good mother, a good homemaker, a good neighbor has no time to be board, she has no time to waste. I laugh when others say that ‘stay at home’ wives/mothers have so little to do. HA! That’s just insane!!!

No comments: