Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fight the Good Fight!

Yesterday the girls and I had to take my mother to the airport, she was going to Miami to visit my brother. We don't go onto the city much, maybe once a month, so when we do go we try to make a day of it. :o) We had alot of shopping to do. We just took our time and enjoyed our girl time out and about! It is really delightful when you kids are just about grown and they have good attitudes, it's part of enjoying that fruit!


At the spur of the moment we decided to go see a movie, Prince Caspian! We rarely go to the theater...MAYBE once a year (we do go to the drive-in a couple times during the summer)! So it was a real treat for the girls.The girls LOVED the movie!!! Personally, I don't like watching alot of fighting, and there is alot of it in the second half of the movie. But, then I realized that most of the Christian life is about battle, battle against our flesh and sin nature; battle against Satan. The last battle scene in the movie seemed to last forever (for me anyway), but isn't it like that in life? There are times when you are being hit from all sides and you see no end in sight and you feel forsaken by God? THEN... well I don't want to ruin the movie for you. :o) The movie has alot of symbolism, for which C.S. Lewis is known for. I think this one was just as good as The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

Fight the good fight of faith;
take hold of the eternal life to which you were called...

1 Tim 6:12


2 comments:

Just A Family said...

You guys did have a busy day...
I think we're going this weekend..

Rob

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the movies comments. We have been wanting to see it.