Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Remember Why

"Those that are not interested in History
are not concerned about the future."

R.J. Rushdoney

I have to agree with Mr. Rushdoney. I HATED school with a passion. There was not one subject that I cared anything about, I was simply there 'serving my time'. History was one subject that I thought was the biggest waste of time (confessions is good for the soul, right?). Oh what a fool I was! If you knew me now you never have guessed that! I LOVE history. I could sit and watch documentaries all day. I love to read and listen to anything that is about History. I use to live for the day, now I am very concerned about the future, not just for me, but my family and for everyone. This change in my perspective was done only by the Holy Spirit! Once we begin to understand that History is actually HIS-story, and that EVERYTHING was and is for a purpose THEN History comes ALIVE! Praise God!

While we celebrate this season of Thanksgiving, feasting and gift giving let's seriously REMEMBER the reason for all of it. Make an effort to really know FACTUAL History. Sadly alot of history in the Government text books is not correct, for example teaching that the Civil War was about slavery and that Columbus was a greedy man.

Let's remember the true reason and sacrifice that the Pilgrims, the Founding Fathers and the the early settlers made so that we can have the freedoms we have. Let's not forget the Veterans that have served to protect our rights. I believe the greatest crime is that most Americans don't know factual History, so they are ignorant and complacent as they constantly give up their/our rights and freedoms.

Want to know what the Founding Fathers had to say about our country?

William Bradford • wrote that they [the Pilgrims] were seeking:
• 1) "a better, and easier place of living”; and that “the children of the group were being drawn away by evil examples into extravagance and dangerous courses [in Holland]“
• 2) “The great hope, and for the propagating and advancing the gospel of the kingdom of Christ in those remote parts of the world" The Mayflower Compact (authored by William Bradford) 1620

Signing of the Mayflower painting | Picture of Compact “Having undertaken, for the glory of God, and advancement of the Christian faith, and honor of our King and Country, a voyage to plant the first colony in the northern parts of Virginia, do by these presents solemnly and mutually, in the presence of God, and one of another, covenant and combine our selves together…”

Patrick Henry:
"Orator of the Revolution."
• This is all the inheritance I can give my dear family. The religion of Christ can give them one which will make them rich indeed.”
—The Last Will and Testament of Patrick Henry

“It cannot be emphasized too clearly and too often that this nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.” [May 1765 Speech to the House of Burgesses]

READ MORE HERE!

***

Here is a FREE story of Pilgrims online.

No comments: