Saturday, August 18, 2007

Giving Praise

We have so much to be thankful for, and as I try to prepare my heart for worship tomorrow I am trying to focus on God's blessings. Sad how we pray so earnestly for things, then spend so little time praising...or maybe that is just me? How often do we enjoy hearing our children say 'I love you', without asking for something in return?!

Sunday morning our Prodigal came home RETENTIVE! He shed many tears and then asked each one of us, one at a time, for forgivness. When he came to our door knocking, his first words to me were, "I want to go to church today!", then he burst into tears.

He was met at church by the Church (the Body of Christ), with open arms and alot of love. It was beautiful to see so many people show love to a one who has been a rebel...a royal jerk! (I can say that because I am his MOM) ;o)

He has moved back home and we are working on things. I never dreamed that it would be so hard to parent 'adults'. It is a tough balance trying to parent (guide) and letting them walk and fall all on their own.

But tonight I am thanking God for His mercy, because He is the ONLY ONE that can turn hearts!

Other things to be thankful for:

Jeff got some work lined up (halleluia!)
Jeff, Josh and the rest of the Fire Dept. were able to fight 2 big fires without getting hurt!
Our Sewing Party went off smoothly, 32 dresses made! whoo hoo!
Car insurance issue resolved, I think...
Olivia is leaning alot of new CHALLENGING things with her new piano teacher.
Emma is showing great improvement in many of her homemaking skills.
We were able to make plans to go to Atlanta to the Entrepreneurs Conference.

There are many other things, but I'll talk to the Lord about that now...

Have a blessed Lord's Day, focus on Him, because everything else is meaningless!

No comments: