Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Romans 12:12

rejoicing in hope,

persevering in tribulation,

devoted to prayer,



While enduring a present trail, I am trying to learn from my past mistakes. Last night instead of praying, "Oh, God, WHY??? PLEASE change this, please, please, please...why...why...why...", I started praying, "Thank you Lord for this. You said You work all things for our good. You work all things for YOUR glory. You made us the promise of... ... ... Thank you for what You are going to do. Show me what I need to change in ME. I look forward to seeing how YOU are going to work this all out." and so on...

It is amazing how it helps to take away that anxiety that is burning a whole through my stomach, and fills me with HOPE.

I know from the past that I have been in the middle of a bad situation and it feels like it will never pass...life will always be this way, etc... yeah, I would have been one of the complaining Israelites in the wilderness. :o/ But once God brings me to the other side of it...I take a deep breath and say, "Next time I'll do better God. I'll trust you as I should. I'll keep my eyes on you and rejoice in my tribulation." HA! Funny how He keeps giving me opportunities to live up to my promise of faithfulness to Him! Though each time I stumble, He is right there. He picks me up and WE move forward.
Psalm 112:6-7

For he will never be shaken;

The righteous will be remembered forever.

He will not fear evil tidings;

His heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

No comments: