Saturday, November 25, 2006



Looking For Real Life Stories

I am looking for real life stories about prodigals. They can be from a the Prodigals view point or the Parent's view point. If you were raised in a Godly home, but went astray and came home (repented and restored), I'd like to know about your journey. If you are the parent of a prodigal, whether they have come home or not, I'd like to know your story. When I say 'come home', this can be spiritually and/or physically. I'd love to hear some stories from a parent and child in the same family.

What I want to know is the heart of the issue. What would you have done differently? What advice to you have?

As the mom of a prodigal I'd like to hear how others have handled it. I am also contemplating writing a little book on How to Love a Prodigal, Encouragement and Hope for Parents. I may include stories submitted with proper credit given of course. We will also change the names.

With all of that said, I know we are all like sheep and have gone astray. Salvation is by God's grace alone, and not by works. But I also know in the multitude councilors there is wisdom.

Submit your story to highergroundtoday@gmail.com , put Prodigal Story in the subject line please.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you read Ruth Bell Graham's book "Prodigals and Those Who Love Them"? I found it very helpful. I also have "Lost Boys and the Moms Who Love Them" (and the companion journal), but I haven't read much of it yet so can't recommend it.

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

No, I haven't, but I've heard of it and plan on reading it. Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't have a prodigal but would like to recommend Dr. S.M. Davis' materials on how to win the heart of a rebel. Go to Drsmdavis.com and click on the "Help Rebels" tab (a prodigal is a rebel). I know a pastor who received personal help from Dr. Davis to win his son back.

As you read the instruction sheet on the webpage, you'll note that they take the issue very seriously and expect a parent to take it very seriously and make great sacrifices if necessary.

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

Thank you Mr. Jonas, I have some of his stuff, I need to look at his site again.

theups said...

I really enjoy your holiday hospitality helps!!! Very helpful, indeed!!

His,
Mrs. U