Sunday, October 29, 2006

Quilt Show is Over!

Thank the Lord. The weather was awful the first day, and cold the second day. There is a TON of work that goes into one of these shows...I'm glad it's only once a year. At the same time it is very motivating! It is simply amazing what some women (and men) can create with with a little fabric and thread!

Emma received a blue ribbon on her quilt, this was her first quilt. I was happy for her. I'll try to post that later. I received a second place ribbon on a throw I made, it was in the Novelty category.

Olivia and Emma basically ran our own vender's booth. They gave out free samples of hot cider and pumpkin bread, which were perfect for a cold, wet day!

We sold a few items that we made such as these Clove Scented Rice Packs. You pop them in the microwave for 3 minutes and then apply to your ache or warm up your cold feet! :o)
These are handy pincushions we made with a bag to put your scraps and threads in. We have one at the ironing board, one at our cutting board and one at the sewing machines. I love them!

Here is a doll I crocheted to put in our county fair, she won first place, but no one wanted to buy her :o(...Olivia is hoping I let her adopt her! :o)

These are Teaspoon Pincushions.

These are Teacup Pincushions.
These are some quilted Snowman Ornaments. Sold out of them!
But our big seller was the Pumpkin Bread...

and the hot cider mix!!!

No comments: