Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I was so convicted while reading to our daughters last night from Biblical Womanhood in the Home.

In the chapter on Femininity she ask:

Wives, in light of the Lord’s instruction to us, we have to ask ourselves
the hard questions on a regular basis: Do I care for my home in
a way that helps my husband or serves me? Do I manage my time in
a manner that assists my husband or serves my own agenda? Does the
way I serve others support my husband or promote me? Do I ask for
my husband’s input before committing myself to a plan? Am I oriented
to him and the work to which God has called him? We honor
the Lord when we minister to our husbands in ways that enhance our
God-given roles as companions and helpers.

I know so often I only submit if "I" really want to...if it doesn't inconvenience me. So I repent and Press On!

The Lord has given me 2 beautiful daughters, and I do believe strongly that they are to be ladies and feminine. We are also at a season of life where our daughters have to help their Dad quite a bit. Because he is in construction I have had doubts that we are doing them 'justice' to have them doing 'man's work' so much. But as I read this chapter last night it was a reminder that I am my husband's helper, and that we need to teach our girls (and son who is working out of town), to put Dad's needs first. Hopefully when they marry they will be able and WILLING to do whatever needs to be done for their husband, without whining about 'their wants'.

Not only are they learning to be ladies, skilled in the areas of homemaking, gardening, etc... but they will be able to help their husband build things and work on cars if the need arises. I think we need to be careful not to get caught up in the stereotype of a 'lady' that is wimpy and delicate. When reading the Proverbs 31 woman, she was skilled and educated at many things, all to benefit her husband and home, with the fear of the Lord. I think being a lady is more about attitude than it is action.


Dad handing Olivia a piece of sheetrock up the steps.

Olivia handing Emma the sheet.



Dad pushing the weight of the sheet while the girls (ladies) guide it!

Just imagine what we could do if we had a house full of BOYS!!! We love our ladies though!
Where am I? Recovering from surgery! :o) No lifting for me for a while...shucks!

No comments: