Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Bittersweet Time

I think the hardest part of parenting is letting go and trusting God with our children…we have to remember they are HIS children. Josh has learned many hard lessons this year that we could not teach him, lessons God had to teach him. At least he is willing to be a ‘student’ now!

He is on a plane to Texas today to continue his apprenticeship to be an electrician. None of us (including Josh) are happy about him being so far from home, but this is what the Lord has for him right now. May God continue to draw Joshua close to Himself.

Jeff is hard at work on a building. I am so proud of him!!! I look forward to the day he can hire help…and our girls are REALLY looking forward to that day!!! They work hard helping Dad!

Olivia has been busy canning pickles and green beans.

I have been teaching some quilting classes to a VERY sweet bunch of girls. I love teaching! Yesterday I did a bunch of baking to put in the freezer.

Life is busy, life is hard, and life is GOOD!
Kathy

No comments: