Friday, June 23, 2006

Confession of Sins

Before attending the church we are now members of , I would have frowned at any 'pre-written' prayer as something not from the Holy Spirit, but God has taught me so much, and I am so thankful for His tender mercy to me. Now each Sunday, as I sit in worship with my brothers and sisters in Christ, together we come before the Throne of God and confess our sins, first privately, then corperately, because we are His people, speaking with one voice. The words in our corperate prayer are always so convicting to me, and they are teaching me how to pray in a deeper way during my private prayer times.

This was the Confession of Sin that was in our litergy last week. >>>

Our Father in Heaven, we come before you this morning as a people in need of Your saving grace. We confess that we have given ourselves to sin and temptation far too readily, and have been slack in guarding our hearts and lives from that which displeases You. We have knowingly embraced the lusts of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, and have wondered if we are truly your children if we love our sin so much. But, O Gracious Father, who delights to show mercy, and whose grace more abounds than our sin, be pleased to draw us back to Yourself. Our only hope is in Your son, our Savior; our favor in Your eyes is found only in Him. Grant to us the peace from the guilt of our sin that only Your grace can give. Restore our lives to the path of Your word, so that we might live as Your special people, zealous for good works, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, in whose name we pray. Amen..

No comments: