Monday, October 5, 2009

Adult Children and Faithfulness

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
3 John 1:4


I have no greater heartache than to hear that my children stumble in the darkness.
~Me


As much as *my* dream is for all of my children to live Godly lives, living close by with their some day families (GRANDCHILDREN!), I realize that it may not work out that way. God is working in my heart to seek HIS Kingdom rather than building my own kingdom.

The only thing that matters is that they walk faithfully with God. I'd rather have a (adult) child living FAITHFULLY in Africa, than one living down the hall clinging on to their sin!

1 comment:

Jeremiah and Stephenie said...

AMEN! I don't have adult children, yet, however, I try to keep that long-term view in focus as I teach and train my children each day. My goal is to raise children who are sold-out to God and living faithfully for Him.