Friday, January 5, 2007


Would You Remarry Your Spouse?

My brother was telling me about THIS POLL asking if a person would remarry their spouse.

Would you marry your spouse again?

Yes 39%

No 41%

Don't know 17%

I already did remarry him/her 1%

I guess I shouldn't be shocked, because it pretty much lines up with the divorce rates, in and out of the church, but it is still very sad. Yes, being married is hard, there is a whole lot of dying to self that HAS to happen,but at the same time is there anything more wonderful than two becoming one flesh?

I guess I am bias because I am one of those in the minority that are happily married. That does not mean that EVERY day is a happy day, and there are days I don't 'like' my husband, though those days are far and few between, but they happen. I know there are days he isn't crazy about me either, though he has never admitted it...lol.To be honest, I was not always happily married. I had alot of discontented days in our early years, even after we started our Christian life. But it has been the last 10 years or so that I have aimed to truly be HIS helper. And my husband is NOT demanding at all, which sometimes is the problem. He is so ever kind and gentle and hard working. His greatest desire is to provide for me and love me, and so that has made it easy for me to continue my individualistic thinking (yes, feminist). :o( But this past decade I have been learning to serve my husband as I should, to be his helper, to meet his needs, after all, THIS is why God created me. God says so! And the more a couple will try to honor God in their marriage, live as God says, then the happier a marriage becomes. It is so fulfilling, NOT EASY, but there is contentment and confidence in knowing that you are obeying God!

Gen 2:18-24
The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone.
I will make a helper suitable for him."
Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them;
and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.
So the man gave names to all the livestock,
the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.
But for Adam no suitable helper was found.
So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep;
and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs
and closed up the place with flesh.
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib
he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
The man said,
"This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called 'woman',
for she was taken out of man."

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,
and they will become one flesh.


I feel very sorry for people that are not happily married. I can't imagine what that is like, other than a sense of bondage, misery. I hope that God allows Jeff and me to celebrate 50 years or more together, and I have no doubt that he feels the same way...just ask our kids! lol

No comments: